Closed For Applications
Social Innovation Fund Ireland is looking for an Accounting Technician with strong analytical skills to join our dynamic, fast-paced, and expanding team. Candidates from non-traditional backgrounds are especially welcome.
Contract: 1 year, full-time
Salary: €30,000 p.a
Annual Leave: 22 days
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accounting Technician will work closely with the Finance & Operations Team, providing a broad range of practical accounting/bookkeeping duties and work towards the collation, checking and analysis of financial information to support the financial governance of the organisation.
He or she will be responsible for the following:
- Transaction entries for all receipts, payments, and other financial data
- To be proactive in implementing procurement and expenditure processes
- Prepare end of month payment run and ensure compliance with procedures
- Performing Monthly bank reconciliations
- Posting journal entries to ledger accounts
- Preparing monthly trial balances and cash flow statements
- Perform accounting administration duties
- Perform other duties as required.
You may come from the non-profit, public or private sector but you will have worked in a fast-paced environment which required creativity, laughter, and a ruthless ability to meet deadlines.
- At least 1 – 2 years Accounts Assistant/Accounting Technician experience
- Accounting Technician qualification (or pursuit of this qualification)
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Works well both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent knowledge of Google Suite including Google docs, Google Sheets and Gmail.
- Flexible, warm & friendly personality
- A commitment to excellence and close attention to detail
- A commitment to Social Innovation Fund Ireland’s vision and values
- Ability to demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and ethical fibre
- Like all staff, be an Ambassador for Social Innovation Fund Ireland at all times.
Experience in the use of Xero.com accounting package.
Social Innovation Fund Ireland Values
- We work with our hearts and our heads – we value compassion, passion and fun.
- We take smart risks and we allow permission to fail because we know that innovation and risk are two sides of the same coin.
- We believe that social change is a team sport – we use influence and engagement to build trusted relationships, and we choose to collaborate to achieve our goals.
- We demonstrate curiosity and a hunger to learn.
- We value bold ideas and bold leadership, and we develop remarkable people.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 16th of July.