Closed For Applications
Social Innovation Fund Ireland is looking for an energetic, and pro-active Operations Manager to join our dynamic, fast-paced, and expanding team. This is a new role.
Contract: 2 years, full-time, starting August/September 2019
Salary: €55,000 – 65,000 per annum
Annual Leave: 23 days
Benefits: 8% employer pension contribution, following successful completion of probation
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Reporting to the Financial Controller, and acting as a member of the Senior Management Team, the Operations Manager will own and manage the efficient and effective delivery of SIFI operations and business processes. The Operations Manager will own and manage the development, execution and compliance with SIFI business process maps, and the operations and systems (including IT systems) that deliver them. Your role lies at the heart of SIFI and drives its effectiveness, requiring you to work closely with all SIFI teams – Impact, Finance, Business Development & Marketing, as well as CEO.
- Develop, manage and grow the efficiency of SIFI business processes to enhance and sustain internal capacity, and ensure compliance with SIFI business process maps
- Ensure that operational policies, processes and procedures are adhered to
- Undertake capacity planning for SIFI, looking forward with a 12 – 24 month timeline at all times
- Establish, oversee and maintain IT & software systems & platforms, including CRM system, Google Suite, Wizehive, Xero.com, and others, including protocols & compliance (in particular the development and management of a portfolio dashboard with all updated information readily available, as well as ensuring that the systems speak to one another.)
- Own the execution of the following key processes
- Develop and manage a portfolio dashboard with all updated information readily available
- Effective transition of new funds secured from Business Development team to Impact Team
- Oversee Fund scoping and Fund outline development by Impact Team on time and to quality standards
- Fund Promotion, working closely with the Impact Team
- Plan, manage and execute all grant payment processes, working closely with the Impact Team
- Manage grantee contracting, working closely with the Impact Team
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports for the Department of Rural and Community Development under SIFI’s funding contract
- Prepare reports against SIFI’s Strategic Plan and Implementation Plan for Senior Management Team.
You may come from the non-profit or private sector but you will have worked in a fast-paced environment which requires creativity, laughter, and a ruthless ability to meet deadlines. Social Innovation Fund Ireland is an organisation with innovation and flexibility at its heart, staffed by a bunch of innovators. As a result, we resist process and compliance – we need someone very special who brings a commitment to developing and driving process, while recognising the inherent tensions that will arise from bringing operations management into an innovation culture – your incredible skills and negotiation and the art of persuasion, combined with your experience of implementing systems and processes into an SME will set you apart from other candidates.
- At least three years’ experience in an operations management role or equivalent, including experience managing IT systems, ideally in an SME or innovation environment
- Demonstrated organisational skills, including ruthless ability to work to deadlines
- Supreme negotiation skills
- Proven ability to pick up a project and run with it – be a self-starter
- Strong commercial awareness and capable of interacting at every level of the organisation
- Real interest in business processes with desire to improve business efficiency and meet commercial objectives
- Experience working in a lean environment a distinct advantage
- Consistent excellence in verbal & written communications in English
- Excellent IT skills, including ability to work with Google Suite
- Flexible, warm & friendly personality who can work well in a team environment
- Inquisitive and curious, analytical, detail-oriented, and a problem solver
- A commitment to excellence and close attention to detail
- A commitment to Social Innovation Fund Ireland’s vision and values
- Ability to demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and ethical fibre
- Like all staff, be an Ambassador for Social Innovation Fund Ireland at all times.
Social Innovation Fund Ireland Values
- We work with our hearts and our heads – we value compassion, passion and fun.
- We take smart risks and we allow permission to fail because we know that innovation and risk are two sides of the same coin.
- We believe that social change is a team sport – we use influence and engagement to build trusted relationships, and we choose to collaborate to achieve our goals.
- We demonstrate curiosity and a hunger to learn.
- We value bold ideas, and bold leadership, and we develop remarkable people.