Social Innovation Fund Ireland (SIFI)
Social Impact Analyst
Contract: 2 years, full-time, starting January 2019
Based: Dublin, Cork or Galway, with some travel within Ireland
Salary: €27,000 – €30,000 per annum
Annual Leave: 23 days
Benefits: 8% employer pension contribution, following completion of probation.
To develop and deliver the social impact of Social Innovation Fund Ireland, ensuring the maximisation of SIFI and awardees’ social impact, and its internal and external communication.
Reporting to a senior manager, this role delivers social impact-led work by Social Innovation Fund Ireland, working closely with our agile team, and working in a high-growth environment. At its heart, this role is focused on ensuring that SIFI and its awardees are crystal clear about the social impact metrics that drive their ultimate impact – identifying them, tracking them, analysing them and reporting them. It is a critical relationship manager with applicants and grantees/awardees, and will execute our Impact plans that will position SIFI for growth in 2019 on. This role works closely with the Impact Team, the Marketing Communications Team and the Business Development Team at SIFI.
- Work with the Impact team, taking a leadership role in some areas and an execution or support role in others, to delivering maximum awardee impact
- Support the development and delivery of programmes including Accelerator, Gamechanger or others
- Support the successful close-out of funds as assigned by your line manager, including completing donor reporting on time; delivering an excellent showcase event (working with the Marketing Communications Team), and support the development of new funds.
- Design, collect, analyse and verify SIFI impact data, identifying trends producing reports, both statistical and visual
- Support the development and implementation of social impact and portfolio management systems including financial reporting at SIFI. This includes apprenticing yourself to your line manager (or others as requested) to learn to track the social impact of SIFI, and contribute to the thinking and practice on social impact measurement and management at SIFI.
- Deliver your tasks on budget
- Support the work of the Fund Director and Social Impact Manager
- Support the marketing, communications and fundraising activities of SIFI
- Contribute your ideas on the future development of SIFI to the team
- Mentor and support the Portfolio Assistant and interns, as agreed.
- Be an excellent Ambassador for SIFI. Actively network in the social innovation / social enterprise space – attending a minimum of 2 events per month.
- Undertake training and development as requested by CEO
- Other duties as assigned by your line manager from time to time.
The Social Impact Analyst will meet programme targets, will track progress and prepare reports on social impact achieved and communications objectives.
- Flexible, warm & friendly personality who can work well in a team environment
- A commitment to excellence and close attention to detail
- A commitment to Social Innovation Fund Ireland’s vision and values
- Ability to demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and ethical fibre
- Like all staff, be an Ambassador for Social Innovation Fund Ireland at all times.
HOW TO APPLY?
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 9 am on Monday, December 17th. Please reference ‘Social Impact Analyst’ in the subject line.
Our mission is to find and back the best social innovations in Ireland, and to enable them to scale and maximise their impact. Our vision is the world’s best ecosystem for supporting social innovations – right here in Ireland. SIFI was catalysed by the Irish Government to stimulate philanthropy and support the growth of Ireland’s best social innovations. To do this, the Government has set up a challenge fund – for every Euro, we raise in philanthropy it is matched by a Euro from Department of Rural and Community Development, through the Dormant Accounts Funds. Social Innovation Fund Ireland practices active philanthropy through providing growth capital in the form of grants, as well as Accelerator programmes targeting growth. These can include growth planning, mentoring & other inputs tailored to the organisation’s needs.
WHAT HAVE WE DONE?
At 4 years old, SIFI has launched 14 Funds and supported 61 organisations to date. SIFI Awardees have the ambition to grow and make a step change in their impact. To support them, SIFI offers a powerful mix of grant funds and business supports through a 6-month Accelerator or a multi-year Gamechanger programme. SIFI has grown rapidly in the last 3 years. It has recently strengthened its Board through 2 new appointments and now looks to strengthen its team through recruiting several new roles, including Fund Manager, Social Impact Analyst, Social Impact Assistant, Marketing Coordinator, and 2 Administrative Assistant roles. Recruiting these roles will enable SIFI to lead the way and deepen the impact of our growing portfolio of awardees.
HOW WE WORK
There are four phases to the typical social impact work involved in our programmes:
1. Finding the best social innovations – Prepare and run the call for applications, run the selection process, prepare recommendations on who should be selected for the awards.
2. Investing in their social impact – A small number of awardees will receive a cash award plus a programme of non-financial supports that target growth. This role will manage the timing and targeting of the capacity building non-financial supports, to maximise the social impact by the Awardees, and will administer the financial supports.
3. Communicating the power of the programme – There are several opportunities during the programme to communicate externally about this awards programme.
4. Concluding the programme well – this requires capturing and communicating the social impact achieved by awardees during the programme, capturing lessons learned that can inform future programmes, and closing out relationships in a positive way.