Social Innovation Fund Ireland (SIFI)
Social Impact Assistant
Contract: 1-year contract, full time, starting January 2019
Based: Dublin, with some travel within Ireland.
Salary: €22,000 – 25,000 per annum, based on experience
Annual Leave: 22 days
Benefits: 8% employer pension contribution, following completion of probation.
Can you combine the skills and disciplines of business with the creativity and passion of the non-profit sector?
This is a graduate entry level role. You might have a business, engineering, health science or a philosophy degree…but you are committed to social impact and have tremendous analytical and people skills. And you have done stuff.
Reporting to a senior manager, the purpose of the role is to support the Social Innovation Fund Ireland’ (SIFI’s) Social Impact Team in its objectives to maximize the social impact of SIFI awardees through supporting the selection, capacity building, and impact tracking elements of SIFI’s work.
- Support awardee selection and capacity building processes
- Support the scoping, launch and marketing of future Funds in 2019
- Prepare reports and analysis for the Impact Team and Senior Management Team
- Awardee and applicant liaison
- Support the design and attend training events and other SIFI events that arise
- Support the tracking of Awardee social impact and programme results
- Support the fundraising and marketing activities of SIFI, as directed.
- Participate in training as requested
- Attend meetings, events etc as requested
- Office administration
- Other duties as assigned.
You will stand apart from others by having a driving passion to make Ireland a country invigorated by the world’s best system for supporting social innovation. You will be amazing with people, a fantastic team player, and calm under pressure.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND CAPACITIES
- Demonstrates strong analytical and numeracy skills, including verbal and report writing
- Experience of working to objectives or targets
- Experience of project management and of implementing plans or programmes
- Leadership skills demonstrated in a paid work or volunteer environment
- Consistent excellence in verbal & written communications in English
- Demonstrable skills in relationship management, negotiations and the art of persuasion
- Computer literate on PC / Windows packages
- Third level qualification at Bachelor’s level
- Flexible, warm & friendly personality who can work well in a team environment
- A commitment to excellence and close attention to detail
- A commitment to Social Innovation Fund Ireland’s vision and values
- Ability to demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and ethical fibre
- Like all staff, be an Ambassador for Social Innovation Fund Ireland at all times.
- Understanding of the environment for social enterprises, social innovations, entrepreneurship or the non-profit sector
- Masters degree in any discipline.
HOW TO APPLY?
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 9am on Monday 10th December 2018. Please reference ‘Social Impact Assistant’ in the subject line.
Our mission is to find and back the best social innovations in Ireland, and to enable them to scale and maximise their impact. Our vision is the world’s best ecosystem for supporting social innovations – right here in Ireland.
SIFI was catalysed by the Irish Government to stimulate philanthropy and support the growth of Ireland’s best social innovations. To do this, the Government has set up a challenge fund – for every Euro, we raise in philanthropy it is matched by a Euro from Department of Rural and Community Development, through the Dormant Accounts Funds.
Social Innovation Fund Ireland practices active philanthropy through providing growth capital in the form of grants, as well as Accelerator programmes targeting growth. These can include growth planning, mentoring & other inputs tailored to the organisation’s needs.
WHAT HAVE WE DONE?
At 4 years old, SIFI has launched 14 Funds and supported 61 organisations to date. SIFI Awardees have the ambition to grow and make a step change in their impact. To support them, SIFI offers a powerful mix of grant funds and business supports through a 6-month Accelerator or a multi-year Gamechanger programme.
SIFI has grown rapidly in the last 3 years. It has recently strengthened its Board through 2 new appointments and now looks to strengthen its team through recruiting several new roles, including Fund Manager, Social Impact Analyst, Social Impact Assistant, Marketing Coordinator, and 2 Administrative Assistant roles. Recruiting these roles will enable SIFI to lead the way and deepen the impact of our growing portfolio of awardees.
HOW WE WORK
There are four phases to the typical social impact work involved in our programmes:
1. Finding the best social innovations – Prepare and run the call for applications, run the selection process, prepare recommendations on who should be selected for the awards.
2. Investing in their social impact – A small number of awardees will receive a cash award plus a programme of non-financial supports that target growth. This role will manage the timing and targeting of the capacity building non-financial supports, to maximise the social impact by the Awardees, and will administer the financial supports.
3. Communicating the power of the programme – There are several opportunities during the programme to communicate externally about this awards programme.
4. Concluding the programme well – this requires capturing and communicating the social impact achieved by awardees during the programme, capturing lessons learned that can inform future programmes, and closing out relationships in a positive way.