These terms and conditions (the “Terms“) govern the use of www.socialinnovation.ie (the “Website“), and the agreement that operates between us and you. The Website is owned and operated by Social Innovation Fund Ireland (“us“/”our“/”we“). The Terms set out the rights and obligations in relation to your (“you“/”your“) use of the Website. Please read the Terms and Privacy Statement carefully. We may revise the Terms and information contained on the Website at any time and without notice. In using this Website, you consent to be bound by the current Terms and our Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to these Terms or the Privacy Statement, please refrain from using the Website.
If you have any questions about the Terms or the Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Social Innovation Fund Ireland is a limited company registered in Ireland under company number 529841. Our registered office is located at Arthur Cox Building, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, Ireland.
2. Accessing our Website
You may access our Website on a temporary basis. We reserve the right to withdraw or change the service we provide on our Website without notice. We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We are not liable if, for any reason, the Website is unavailable for any period of time.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users who have registered with us.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of the Terms.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of the Terms, and that they comply with them.
3. Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website, and in the material published on it (except where content is specifically identified as third party content). Those works are protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Website for your personal reference. You may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on the Website.
You must not, in any way, modify the paper copies you have printed off, or digital copies you have downloaded, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video, or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
You must acknowledge our status as the authors of material on the Website (and that of any identified contributors).
You must not use any part of the content on the Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
4. Reliance on information posted
The content and commentary on the Website are not advice. You should not treat them as advice or rely on them as such. We are not liable or responsible for anyone relying on the content or treating it as advice, whether they are a visitor to the Website or are otherwise informed of its contents.
5. Use by minors and user identity
Before using the Website, minors under the age of 16 must have the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents, guardians, or other responsible adults who permit children to use the Internet, that it is important that they communicate with children about their safety online.
It is impossible for us to determine with any degree of certainty whether a user is the person they claim to be. Accordingly, we are not liable for the actual identity of any user. You are solely responsible for verifying the actual identity of other users.
6. Our Website changes regularly
We aim to update the Website regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our Website, or close it indefinitely. The content on the Website may be out-of-date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such content.
7. Our liability
The content displayed on the Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions, or warranties as to its accuracy.
To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us, hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties, and other terms, which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
- any liability for loss or damage incurred by you or by any user in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our website, any websites linked to it and any material posted on it; and
- any liability for any direct, special, indirect, or consequential loss or damage incurred by you or by any user in connection with the Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising, and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
Nothing in this section affects our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
8. Information about you and your visits to the website
We process information about you in accordance with our Privacy Statement. In using the Website, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all information you provide is accurate. You also guarantee that, where you have disclosed another’s personal data, they have agreed to such processing.
9. Restricted uses
You may use our Website for lawful purposes only. You may not use our Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national, or international law or regulation;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, or re-use any content which does not comply with our Content Standards (see Section 10 below);
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material, or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- To transmit any data, send, or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate copy or re-sell any part of our Website in contravention of the provisions of these Terms.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage, or disrupt:
- any part of our Website;
- any equipment or network on which our Website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Website; or
- any equipment, network, or software owned or used by any third party.
You may report another user’s activities, which violate applicable laws and/or these Terms, by emailing us at email@example.com.
10. Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not introduce similar computer codes designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website using a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you may be committing a criminal offence under the Criminal Justice (Theft and Fraud Offences) Act 2001, the Criminal Damage Act 1991, and the Criminal Justice Act 2011, or other applicable legislation. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
We are not liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data, or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
11. Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of the Terms through your use of our Website. If a breach of the Terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate. Failure to comply with the Terms constitutes a material breach of the terms upon which you are permitted to use our Website, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Website;
- Refusal to publish or post, or immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our website.
- Issuing a warning to you;
- Issuing legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- Taking further legal action against you;
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of the Terms. The responses described in the Terms are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
You agree to indemnify us and keep us indemnified (including our directors, agents, servants and employees) against all losses, costs, charges, demands, proceedings, damages, actions, expenses, and claims howsoever incurred by us as a result of your use of this Website or a breach by you of any of these Terms.
13. Linking to the website
13.1 You may link to our Website through the home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal, and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part where none exists.
13.2 You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
13.3 The Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
13.4 If you wish to make any use of material on the Website other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Links from the website
The links from the Website to other sites and resources provided by third parties are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them, or for any loss or damage that may arise from using them.
If we fail to insist upon strict performance of any of our obligations under any of these Terms, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under these Terms, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations. A waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default. No waiver by us of any of your obligations under these Terms shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing.
16. Jurisdiction and applicable law
The Irish courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to the Website. We retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
If any of these Terms are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful, or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition, or provision will to the extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions, and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
18. Contact us
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our Website, please contact us at email@example.com
Thank you for visiting our Website. These Terms were last updated on 23 Jan 2015.