We are committed to providing high standards of service and we welcome suggestions and feedback from all stakeholders. When something goes wrong, we would like you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards. We take all feedback seriously and we will take action, when appropriate to do so. All complaints will be dealt with in a timely and professional manner. If you have a complaint, this is what you should do:
- If you have a complaint, it should be made to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), who will try to resolve the issue informally.
- If the issue is serious, or you are not satisfied after raising it with the CEO, you should make a formal complaint.
- Your complaint should be made in writing, marked “Private & Confidential” and sent to the CEO who will acknowledge it in writing (normally within 7 days of receipt). Remember to keep a copy of your letter.
- The CEO will – in consultation with the Chair of the Board (or the Chair of Grant Making committee) – investigate the complaint.
- The CEO will communicate the results of the investigation to you within a reasonable time – normally 30 days.
- You have the right – if dissatisfied with the results of the inquiry – to put your case in writing or in person, to a panel comprised of at least two members from the Social Innovation Fund Ireland (SIFI) Board. If attending in person, you have the right to be accompanied by a friend or advocate to help put your case forward. The panel also has the right to have an advisor present. We will not be liable for any expenses you might incur.
- The decision of the panel will be final and there is no appeals process.
- Where appropriate, SIFI will make a written apology to the complainant, and agree on any further action necessary.
- All formal complaints and responses will be recorded and filed in a secure place.
- The Board shall be informed by the CEO at the first available meeting of the number and nature of any formal complaints and their outcome. Consideration will be given to the implications for the planning and management of future services.
* If a complaint relates to the CEO, read “Chair of the Board of Directors” for “CEO”.